Tips & Advice
Top tips for impressing the judges
- Tell us your business’s story: the reason(s) why you are doing sustainability, how you are doing it, what you are doing and what impact it is having.
- The student judges are marking to a quantitative scoring schedule that is based on the questions. So answer all the questions as best you can.
- For the Category Awards the final judges are looking for innovative sustainable initiatives or practice.
- For the Overall Award the final judges are looking for good robust businesses and what the impact sustainable business practices has on the business, staff, market, environment and community.
- Large company entries can sometime become impersonal and it becomes high level and more about statistics. So also add in the stories of how the sustainable business practice has impacted on individuals or groups of individuals.
- If you are not sure what we mean in a question, just give us a quick call and we will be happy to provide guidance.
Thanks to Annette Lusk from http://www.sustainable-edge.co.nz/
Help is at hand to make sure you submit the best application you can and meet the deadline.
Fairfax Media is available to talk you through your submission and offer impartial advice on entry options and content formats.
If you are:
Get in touch with Sian Sutton-Walsh
- unfamiliar with award procedures
- undecided on category choice
- unsure what submission route to take
Business Events Coordinator
Fairfax Media runs a series of events during the year to support each of its brands. The events range from summits such as the CFO Summit, to CIO roundtables and lunches to programmes such as Sustainable 60 and the Investment Challenge, seminars, awards and debates.